Valley Transportation Services strives to improve mobility for seniors and persons with disabilities. The Transportation Reimbursement Escort Program (TREP) provides an incentive for volunteer drivers (usually friends or neighbors) to assist eligible individuals who are unable to drive or access public transportation by providing necessary, escorted transportation. Participants receive funds to reimburse the volunteer driver and to offset the cost associated with providing transportation.
▪ If qualified, you must identify someone who is willing to be your driver. (You can have more than one driver.)
▪ You keep track of your trips and miles driven to transport you.
▪ At the end of the month, you submit your records online by clicking here.
▪ We reimburse you (as long as funding is available), and then you reimburse your driver(s).
*Reimbursement payments will be made through direct deposit; the reimbursement amount will be automatically deposited into your bank account. Paper checks will not be used. In order to receive reimbursement payments, you MUST provide a bank account number.
An eligibility determination committee will determine whether or not you are qualified. You may be qualified if you:
▪ Are disabled, frail, or unable to drive;
▪ Are unable to use other forms of transportation (such as buses); and
▪ Live in San Bernardino County (excluding Hesperia, Victorville, and Apple Valley)
▪ You recruit volunteer drivers from people you know and trust
▪ Your trips can include multiple destinations
▪ You schedule your rides at times that are convenient for both you and your volunteer driver
▪ You and your volunteer driver can enjoy companionship
Apply online by clicking here, or contact Yesenia De Anda at 909-981-5099 to receive the application materials.